The Ivanti DSM Packaging course is a three-day training course covering concepts and principles within the DSM Suite. Students will learn the Common Foundational Skills (CFS) shared in the DSM suite, which will lead the participant through how to configure and manage the key infrastructure of DSM, including deployment of clients, client components and interactions, different types of packages, managing of sequence, technical dependencies, testing of packages, patch packages, and software targeting.
By combining classroom training with scenario based hands-on exercises, students are empowered with the practical knowledge and skills needed to effectively administer the DSM Suite. You will learn:
- Introduction to the system and basic concepts
- Computer & user
- Global software library
- Deployment of DSM clients
- Client components and their interactions
- Different types of packages
- Repackaging of legacy applications by DSM-Spy
- Import of MSI packages
- Installation and deinstallation of applications by silent setup
- Configuration package – concept and scenarios of use
- Scripting with the proprietary NetInstall scripting language
- Scripting support for WSH and PowerShell
- Packaging of Plug-and-Play drivers
- Patch packages
- Dependencies of packages and management of sequences
- Characteristics of packages like reboot management, compliance enforcement and others
- Testing of packages, pilot installations and rollout
- Software targeting / concepts
- Revisioning of packages
- Logfiles and trouble shooting
- Tips & Tricks
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate General Use Certificate of Completion
Ivanti Global Academy Terms and Conditions
Ivanti reserves the right to cancel a course by giving notice of such cancellation at least 7 days (one week) before the scheduled start date. If a course is ever cancelled, you will be notified by email.
Payment is due in full before the first day of class.
Cancellation 2 weeks or more prior to class start date - 100% credit towards future class, cancellation 1 week prior to class start date - 50% credit towards future class, cancellation less than 2 weeks prior to class start date - 0% credit towards future class.
Your cart is empty